Berwick Artists Society
Click on an image to see more of that artist’s work.
Some artworks are for sale – please deal directly with the artist if you wish to purchase, the artist’s contact details are included on items for sale.
The Members’ Gallery is exclusively for members of Berwick Artists Society.
If you wish to exhibit one or more works, please read carefully the conditions below.
Members Gallery Conditions
Members Gallery Conditions
Berwick Artists Society Inc. – Members’ Gallery Conditions
Conditions of exhibiting
1. The Gallery will constitute one web page in the Members’ Gallery section of the Society’s web site. To the web visitor it will appear as a series of images, with captions. A Google search under the title Berwick Artists’ Society leads to the Society’s site.
2. There will be no cost to Society members for having a painting in our Gallery, but there will be a limit of 6 paintings per artist. You must supply your images on a USB stick, CD or hard copies, along with the appropriate captioning, (see below).
3. An image of your picture/s will be removed if the member is no longer financial. The image will be of rather low resolution. This is for two reasons: to discourage unscrupulous web visitors from making use of the image for their own purposes and profit; and to keep small the size of the web files being used, so as not unduly to increase the times of downloading from the web, or clogging up the web site too much. The image will be shown without any mounting or frame.
5. Pictures can be changed for no cost, and others added, (up to 6 works), If a picture is sold or if the artist wishes to replace any picture with another, it is up to the artist to supply updated information to the web site coordinator.
6. The caption to each picture should show: the name of the artist, the title of the picture, framed size and the medium. Brief additional descriptive matter can be added. If the picture is for sale the caption should also show relevant details such as: the nature of the ground (eg paper, linen, canvas, MDF board, or whatever), and the overall framed dimensions of the picture, along with the price and the artist’s contact details. If the artist has his/her own website, that information can also be included.
7. The Society takes no responsibility for any possible abuse of the Gallery or its pictures by unscrupulous web visitors. No information about the exhibitor will appear on the site apart from the artist’s name.
8. Any sale of pictures from the Gallery will be by private agreement between the exhibitor and the purchaser. A prospective purchaser will deal with directly with the artist. The Society will not accept any commission on painting sales.
9. The Society understands that the ownership of an image in the Gallery resides with the exhibitor. If this is not the case, the Society should be informed. No legal use may be made of the image by any third party, other than its being exhibited in the Gallery.
10. The exhibiting artist must vouch for the authenticity of the picture as his or her own original work, not copied, and that the description supplied is correct. If the picture has copyright, the exhibitor must hold the copyright.
11. The Society reserves the right to refuse to exhibit any picture, without supplying reasons.